Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)


He Said: Rent Later

Nightmare On Elm Street is a Horror film isn’t it? I mean, it was, wasn’t it? Not anymore, its now a thriller. There’s Bad Guys and there’s Scary Guys. Darth Vader is a bad guy, Agent Smith is a Bad Guy & Tony Montana was a bad Guy. Jeepers Creepers is a Scary Guy, Leather Face is a Scary Guy & Michael Myers is a Scary Guy. Maybe if Rob Zombie had directed this, Freddy would have been a Scary Guy. Sadly though, I felt he was nothing more then a Bad Guy. Maybe I am biased because I am a fan of the Original’s (I’m adding this to be courteous, I’m a fan of the original Halloweens too but I liked Rob Zombies remake) but honestly, I think Robert England‘s (Original Freddy) voice is hard to beat. Jackie Earle Haley’s (New Freddy) voice is perfect for a Bad Guy but, I wasn’t afraid when I heard it. Wes Craven is the man no doubt and Nightmare On Elm Street is a classic. Maybe it should have stayed as such? I know I sound like I’m being harsh on it but seriously, they took Freddy’s 1-5 and put them all into a 1 ½ hour movie. I simply wasn’t satisfied. Much like the New Halloween I was skeptical about watching this remake but very hopeful and open minded. Rob Zombie impressed me with his take on the filmm, he accomplished what he set out to do, I enjoyed it. Samuel Bayer let me down sadly; I walked out saying…. “Okay?” When I got home I had to watch another movie to get my movie fix for the day.

She Said: Rent Later

Growing up, Freddy Kruger was my boogieman. I went in with a mind set of the child that I once was, expecting to have the bajeezes scared out of me. Then I remembered all of the other Freddy movies before this one. This film was directed by Samuel Bayer and not Wes Craven so I was expecting it to be different. It was darker than its predecessors, but there was not as much gore and blood as what is expected now a days to get a good scare. I felt that this picture was like all six Freddy movies rolled up into one, focusing more on the story behind Freddy. His jokes were corny (not original or interesting) at times and just made you say to yourself, “What did he just say?” Freddy got revamped but it was for the worse. I don’t think anyone could play as good a Freddy Kruger as Robert Englund . So if you asked me; I would just wait for it to come out on DVD and Rent it. Save your money.

1 comment:

  1. ok cool rent it to me means download when available will do.

    ReplyDelete