Friday, May 28, 2010

Sex and The City 2


He Said: Don't Bother

Ok so, truth is, I didn’t care to see this movie (nor the first one for that matter) but what my baby wants my baby gets (with exceptions), and she wanted me to go with her to see this sequel. To be honest, the whole time I was thinking to myself: “I’m going to have to write about this”. I have to say that at least they started with the worse part 1st, a gay wedding (I’m not homophobic but this was the text book definition of a gay wedding). After that, its what you can expect from a Sex and The City marathon. I felt like I was watching five episodes back to back. There was little to no sex and they were not in the city. I sat there and smiled a few times but I didn’t get most of the jokes. This is one of those movies that you have to be a fan to enjoy. I had a lot of negative things to say about this movie but most of them were just me hating on the Sex and The City show as a whole and were not fair to the movie so your reading this statement instead. All-in-all if you’re a fan you’ll enjoy it I think (she did) but if your not, you wont (I didn’t). Save your money and just go watch a Sex and The City marathon on tv if you really want to sit through One Hundred and Fifty Minutes of Sex and The City.

She Said: Watch Now

I am a die hard SATC fan without a doubt. So when I found out that this movie was being made I was anxious to see it. Was it worth the wait? Hell yes! In a world where sex, designer fashion and Cosmos are the topic at hand, the women that we all love are back with more. Compared to the first film there wasn’t any real life altering plot and was a little more on the lighter side of things. Michael Patrick King (the Director, and Writer) did a great job in evolving the characters highlighting the different topics that all women face at one point or another in their life. If you have followed the shows you will see how these women have changed over the years have overcome adult challenges. Its nice to see what all of those decisions have lead up to. This movie mostly takes place in the Middle East. I loved the witty comedy that had me rolling on the edge of my seat. There where a few surprise cameos (At least to me it was a surprise) that I quite enjoyed. This movie was a little on the long side at two hours and 27 min. But you know what I did not mind it. I loved watching Sarah, Kim, Kristin and Cynthia come together again to play the four strong women that we love to watch. When this movie comes out on DVD I will have a spot saved on my movie rack right next to my box set and SATC 1. If you are a fan of Sex and the City go see it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment